4 replies to this topic

#1 Turch09

Turch09

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:35 AM

Hi there new to the fourm and to owning a Mini. I have a 1999 rover imported from Japan. For a while at low speed or when I was at a stop sign the car would rev hunt and stall. Now I replaced the intake sensor and now when I turn the car on it idles but when I press the gas it bogs and dies instantly! Please help

#2 Milton

Milton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local Club: what no brakes

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:01 AM

Welcome to TMF. Check all the vacuum pipes and connections for splits and cracks, in particular the rubber elbows on the manifold

#3 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

Hi there new to the fourm and to owning a Mini. I have a 1999 rover imported from Japan. For a while at low speed or when I was at a stop sign the car would rev hunt and stall. Now I replaced the intake sensor and now when I turn the car on it idles but when I press the gas it bogs and dies instantly! Please help

Have you managed to sort this problem? I have a similar issue with my '98 JDM Cooper, when warm the engine seems to regularly die although no hunting. Pickup at low revs can sometimes be grim complete with misfiring, but then it picks up and runs perfectly. I've wondered whether it's a dirty injector issue?

#4 Turch09

Turch09

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:38 PM

Have you managed to sort this problem? I have a similar issue with my '98 JDM Cooper, when warm the engine seems to regularly die although no hunting. Pickup at low revs can sometimes be grim complete with misfiring, but then it picks up and runs perfectly. I've wondered whether it's a dirty injector issue?

Nope I just replaced the vacuum lines from the manifold and ecu to the fuel trap still bogs out and dies when I press the gas! Any other ideas what it could be o2 sensor maybe?? I'd rather try and fix it my self instead of paying a shop a ton of money

#5 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

Nope I just replaced the vacuum lines from the manifold and ecu to the fuel trap still bogs out and dies when I press the gas! Any other ideas what it could be o2 sensor maybe?? I'd rather try and fix it my self instead of paying a shop a ton of money

Mine's now running great, I did as you and replaced the vacuum tubes from the ecu to fuel trap (black), fuel trap to ecu (red), and also the one on the air intake (yellow) although I haven't a clue what it does! Also renewed the air temp sensor on the underside of the airbox and the fuel trap itself. There's been suggestions that problems could also be related to the coolant temperature sensor  and also the crank sensor, I bought these as well but as yet haven't needed to fit them. Lambda sensors are more expensive so that was going to be my last option!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users