3 replies to this topic

#1 glynmcnulty

glynmcnulty

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:46 AM

Bought a Mini Jet Black yesterday and it had a frankly dreadful looking centre console in it. I like the premise, but think I'd prefer it to be more in keeping with the rest of the car. Maybe just carpeted rather than carbon fibre one that someones put in there now. 

If you've fitted one, feel free to share what you have for inspiration and maybe a little guidance for when the Jet Black lands in Essex :)

Thanks.

#2 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:25 PM

http://www.custom-consoles.co.uk/

These do consoles more in keeping with a classic mini. Although I find the designs a bit clunky, but each to his own.

#3 leyland73

leyland73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

Best centre console was the one fitted by Austin Morris to the 1100 Special, plenty of room for your left foot and they look just right in a mini, also have a cigarette as standard, great for charging the smart phone!

I don’t know why they were not fitted to other mini models by Austin Rover, pity

Attached Files

#4 nouniard

nouniard

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

I agree, the 1100 Special had the best console for a Mini. If you want one for your own, ABS Motorsport makes a fiberglass reproduction: Mini Special Centre Console

I want to buy one to modify for my A/C equipped Japanese-spec Mini but shipping to the States is more than the console!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users