5 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Anyone running 12" x 6" wheels with Sportpack arches? I think the wheel size normally used with the Sportpack arches is 13" x 7" (or 6") but I'm aware the front wings need relieving to give the required clearance, ideally I'm looking to fit the Sportpack arches but really don't want to chop the arches, plus I prefer the ride with the 12" wheels.

#2 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:24 PM

Nobody?

#3 Bat

Bat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

Hi,

Well I guess you'll need to know if the wheels will clear the wings before anything else as you don't want to cut them.

I think if you've got enough wheel sticking out to fill the arches you'll need to cut the wings back.

Cheers  :proud:

#4 GeorgeWhitworth

GeorgeWhitworth

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:40 PM

I have a sportpack and the original wheels are 13x6 and i know have 13x7 superlight which stick out very slightly 

#5 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

I'm less worried about overall width, more about the likelihood of the wheels making contact with the front wings when turning or needing to have limiters added to the steering rack. I'm aware that the front wing is relieved for the Sportpack wheels but unsure whether it's needed due to clearance on suspension compression or to allow the wheel to turn (steer) within the constraints of the wing. There must be an established maximum wheel width & offset that will work without modifying the wings?

#6 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

The difference in tyre diameter between a 165/60/12 and a 175/50/13 is 2.4mm, 13" being the larger. So the difference in space between the tyre and the wheel arch is the radius of the tyre, i.e. 1.2mm. Considering all the variables that can alter this wheel to wing space, 1.2 mm is negligible. So for all practical purposes you can assume that the 12" wheels with tyres are the same diameter as the 13" wheels with tyres.

https://www.oponeo.c...mentsCalculator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users