16 replies to this topic

#1 malc_west

malc_west

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

Looking at the full performance suspension kits on offer at minisport.com and I'm unsure what to buy as none of there stuff has been reviewed on their site and the stuff I'm finding online is 2007 ish which is 10 years old so don't know how relevant it is. The options of fully kits differ in shock choice spax, gaz, koni, kyb. Lowered or non lowered and adjustable or not. The car is currently used as a fast road car but the modifications are with hill climbs and spirits in mind. Some advice before I make a costly and avoidable error would be very good thanks

#2 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:45 PM

Are you just asking about choice of shock absorbers?.

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:49 PM

for what use?

road new Minispares Or M machine rubber donuts and KYB's gas charged "Gas-a-just" shock absorbers.

#4 malc_west

malc_west

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

Yeah kinda of I'm asking for advice on all it really I want good handerling mini for hill climbs mainly but I do use it on the road and I want to know how to go about achieving the best results

#5 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:20 PM

Yeah kinda of I'm asking for advice on all it really I want good handerling mini for hill climbs mainly but I do use it on the road and I want to know how to go about achieving the best results

what class? what else have you done?

#6 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:21 PM

Looking at the full performance suspension kits on offer at minisport.com and I'm unsure what to buy as none of there stuff has been reviewed on their site and the stuff I'm finding online is 2007 ish which is 10 years old so don't know how relevant it is. The options of fully kits differ in shock choice spax, gaz, koni, kyb. Lowered or non lowered and adjustable or not. The car is currently used as a fast road car but the modifications are with hill climbs and spirits in mind. Some advice before I make a costly and avoidable error would be very good thanks

Like someone's hot wife - look, but don't touch.

Avoid the *******tards at minisport.

#7 malc_west

malc_west

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:22 PM

Nothing yet its the start of a dream I'm trying to get out of Karting and in to cars so thought I'd start with a hillclimb mini. I currently have a more or less standard 1986 mini with a 1.3 metro engine on it and some 6x12 wheels and that is more or less it

#8 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,767 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

Huuuuuuuuuuuu.    Looong intake of breath.

Lol

#9 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

Nothing yet its the start of a dream I'm trying to get out of Karting and in to cars so thought I'd start with a hillclimb mini. I currently have a more or less standard 1986 mini with a 1.3 metro engine on it and some 6x12 wheels and that is more or less it

right first things first get a copy of your local regs and the MSA regs. read them so you dont do something that would make you change class.

but for this HiLos Red spot front rubbers and standard rear. and fully adjustable front suspension and rear brackets. and i would start with Spax adjustables 

#10 malc_west

malc_west

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

Thanks mate that's something I can work with just been reading the 5 part section on handerling in mini mag to get an idea as well

#11 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

Don't believe everything you read in the 'Comics'.

#12 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

Thanks mate that's something I can work with just been reading the 5 part section on handerling in mini mag to get an idea as well

no idea what they have written so you will have to share. which we can then discuss.

#13 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:36 AM

OP, take note of what 'nick...' advises. He is a hill-climb expert and will give better advice than either of the 'comics' will.
Also, he will not encourage you to spend unnecessarily on parts you don't need.

#14 malc_west

malc_west

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

no idea what they have written so you will have to share. which we can then discuss.
So it's more guidance on where to start rather then direct advice on what to use. It talks about setting changing parts, setting geometry and which way to head with those settings to get what they call a desirable feeling. In my head I'm thinking it makes sense to get all the new bits fitted then sort out the Settings?

#15 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:36 PM

So it's more guidance on where to start rather then direct advice on what to use. It talks about setting changing parts, setting geometry and which way to head with those settings to get what they call a desirable feeling. In my head I'm thinking it makes sense to get all the new bits fitted then sort out the Settings?

just be aware that every adjustment you make will result in a change in another setting requiring further re adjustment. you can feel you are chasing yourself at times.

some settings for you

zgEVBrV.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users