Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:51 PM

Hi TMF,

I'm after a set of wheels for my rx7, they are ebay ones  :shy:
 and they are a replica of very cool japanese wheels, but for a fraction of the cost, however the only place stocking them is in Australia. I know there a few people from aus on here, I was wondering if anyone has got any experience shipping wheels or other large parts over to the UK? I realise this is probably not going to be that cheap (Still lower than genuine though), before when I bought wheels from the USA, I used a import company, I had the wheels shipped to their loading place and they came over in a container, does anyone know of a similar system for Aus to UK?

Many thanks, Will

#2 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:13 PM

What wheels are they out of interest??  Seems like quite a ways to go for some copies??

Sure no other company make a similar wheel?

#3 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

I've just shipped over a box of Ryobi tools that are only available in Aus (arranged from the UK). I used Transglobal for shipping who were very good on price and so far have proved to be very helpful.

When I was getting quotes I mixed up one of the measurements for the weight and they only quoted ~£150 to ship 42kgs. If you can get them boxed up and get the final dimensions/weight, it's worth looking at one of the shipping brokers than just going to the common carriers.

#4 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Icey :-D Fortunately I’ve not had to arrange any shipping, the eBay seller agreed to send them to the uk for £60 more so I’m pretty pleased, still worked out a lot cheaper than originals.

What wheels are they out of interest?? Seems like quite a ways to go for some copies??

Sure no other company make a similar wheel?

The wheels are Impul Hoshino G5’s, the reps are Jun Racing Hoshino’s. The originals are rare enough themselves and even rarer in 15”, talking >£1000 for a set. Jun are the only people who do reps of them, about £340, and typically they had a UK store but I kept putting off buying them lol. Aus eBay was they last place they had some and I didn’t want to miss out :lol:

#5 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:20 PM

Yes I know them well, hard to find a set and even harder to find a set in a decent size.

Fancied a set for my MX5 but 4x100 is stupidly rare

#6 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:44 AM

Thanks Icey :-D Fortunately I’ve not had to arrange any shipping, the eBay seller agreed to send them to the uk for £60 more so I’m pretty pleased, still worked out a lot cheaper than originals.

That's a very good rate !!

I do send the odd parcel to the UK and look at various methods of fright, but none are cheap, not even by post.

#7 Vipernoir

Vipernoir

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Local Club: Minis Unlimited

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:28 PM

I've just moved a pallet load of treasure from Ohio to Somerset and it was a doddle.

MapCargo (Phoenix Aircargo as was) handled all of it from US pick up to delivery at my door.  One payment, no grief, simples.  

Transglobal have arranged wheel shipment from the back end of nowhere in Canada using normal couriers and were very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users