#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,796 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

The electrification of classic cars gets the production green light today with a battery-powered version of one of the world’s sports car icons: the Jaguar E-type. Jaguar has confirmed it will sell restored E-types converted to all-electric power from 2020, as well as offering a conversion service for existing E-type owners.

No price has yet been confirmed for the E-type Zero, which with a 40kWh battery is said to accelerate faster than a Series 1 E-type (around seven seconds then). Jaguar says it is targeting a range of 170 miles and that the world’s first plug-in E-type will take around 6-7 hours to recharge.

https://www.goodwood...type-is-coming/

Prince Harry & Meghan Off To Wedding Reception In Jaguar E Type Zero

"The royal newlyweds made their way from Windsor Castle to Frogmore House in a stylish silver blue Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero, an electric version of the 1960's British classic. The modern £350,000 vehicle came complete with a bespoke licence plate, bearing the date of the wedding. An environmentally-friendly choice, the open-top car is nearly silent and can go up to 60mph in just 5.5 seconds and is kitted with a 220kW engine."
“Concept Zero combines the renowned E-type dynamic experience with enhanced performance through electrification,” said Tim Hannig, Director of Jaguar Land Rover Classic. “This unique combination creates a breathtaking driving sensation. Our aim with Concept Zero is to give classic Jaguars a sustainable future in changing environmental and economic conditions.”
Interestingly, the couple’s car was a left-hand drive model, a feature which some royal fans attributed as a nod to Markle’s American heritage.

Edited by mab01uk, 02 September 2018 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:24 AM

I saw an electric sports car (can't remember which one - Tesla ?) do an impressive timed run at the National Brighton Speed Trials.

However... it sounded like my  washing machine on a spin cycle. And was a bout as exiting to witness too

In contrast - a 27 litre hurricane engined 1930's Rolls Royce was also running... along with every flavour of fast car from the last 80 odd years

Doubtless the internal combustion engine will be replaced in foreseeable future with electric  - within 30/50 years maybe .

Im sure there were people 100 years or more ago who lamented the demise of horses as the mode of power and transport - its encouraging to reflect that people still use and enjoy horses so although a luxury for those that can afford - I recon cars,  as we love them,  will be around for a long time for those that want to enjoy them for what they are

Matt

Edited by Matt Brighton, 05 September 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#3 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:50 PM

One could buy a very nice Porsche 911 with the gorgeous flat-six engine for that money.

I know which I would choose!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users