Back in 2012 (ish) I converted my wife's 1978 Mini 1000 to fully electric. If interested you can check out the conversion diary at evmini.ca
After a few years of being a daily driver and being exposed to the elements, I decided it was time to deal with the rusty bits before they get too much worse.
I hope this is alright posting this in the Saloons project area... although modified to be electric, it is still essentially the Mini 1000 saloon body.
Here she is pre-EV-conversion:
And this is what she looked like fully-electric just a little while ago before I pulled her completely apart for this latest fixup.
Here are a bunch of photos detailing some of the rusty patches I need to attend to.
I have no experience welding or doing body work but am happy to dig in and learn. I've made some progress since these photos were taken... mostly grinding down the rusty bits to see how bad it spreads.
Thanks for reading!