Haven't made any significant progress to report, so instead thought I'd share some photos of some of the work that needs to be done.
I bought a ceiling-mounted winch to help me lift out the electric motor and transmission. The motor is only about 110lbs and this winch can apparently handle up to 400. Here is a photo of me lifting out the motor with the adapter plate and fly wheel still attached.
Also dropped my (very modified) front subframe. Found a place in town that will sandblast and powder-coat it. Just waiting on a quote. It's got some rusty bits, but I think it is fairly superficial stuff.
I pulled off my upper suspension brackets... and although they looked pretty darn good from the outside, they definitely need some new metal behind them and possibly the brackets themselves replaced.
I have to patch up the holes/rust from the left rear repeater similar to what I already did on the right.
I have replacement flitch panels and "A" panels for both crusty sides ready to go... once I wrap my head around exactly how they'll get installed.
My left inner wing is needing some attention. Since I don't have a radiator and would prefer not to have all these vents into the engine bay I have a few ideas on how to just seal the area up with a larger piece of sheet.
My D-Series Honda Transmission needs some cleanup, some new seals but is otherwise alright.
Also plan to cleanup the rust and paint on the electric motor and red-flaking adapter plate, fly-wheel, pressure-plate and clutch assembly.
With the rear subframe removed, inspected and deemed in need of replacement, I could then get a good look at the surrounding panels.
The back of the floor and panels above on both sides need some rust eradication.
The rear lights and bumper area had a lot of filler over rust so I ordereed a replacement panel for those areas as fabricating something to fit that curve and lip is beyond my tools and skills.
The rocker panels / sills on both sides have been deemed bad enough to warrant replacing.
Oh. And I also need to cleanup, repair some boots, check for leaks etc on my axles (Hybridized with Honda inners and Mini outers) and the steering rack as well.
To get a slight win under my belt, I decided to remove and refurbish my upper suspension bars.
So, hopefully that provides some sort of framework for the larger next steps I need to take. Cheers.