Mrpeanut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Local Club: Wessex MOC

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:18 PM

It looks like the winner!!

I plan to start 1275 rebuild and was considering that camshaft. I was suspicious since the price is really good...even thought excellent reviews at Minispares site may have been altered ......(sorry Minispares)....but now reading so much good about it I think I just decided on my next camshaft for the project. I am looking for 90-95HP and it looks like this camshaft is good for more than that....

Mine gave 88 bhp and similar torque but a better head would have helped it give a bit more. It pulled from just above idle so was always on cam. It was amazing around town, round the lanes, and on the motorway. Pretty much a perfect road cam imo and I'd put one in any future road engine.

#17 Inno

Inno

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

I plan to start 1275 rebuild and was considering that camshaft. I was suspicious since the price is really good...even thought excellent reviews at Minispares site may have been altered ......(sorry Minispares)....but now reading so much good about it I think I just decided on my next camshaft for the project. I am looking for 90-95HP and it looks like this camshaft is good for more than that....

Mine gave 88 bhp and similar torque but a better head would have helped it give a bit more. It pulled from just above idle so was always on cam. It was amazing around town, round the lanes, and on the motorway. Pretty much a perfect road cam imo and I'd put one in any future road engine.

thanks a lot.....what about Kent 266 or Piper270?

#18 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:12 AM

forget looking at BHP you want torque and the Evo 1 is perfect. the 266 is basically standard MG the 270 similar IIRC and are well old profiles.

#19 Inno

Inno

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:12 AM

forget looking at BHP you want torque and the Evo 1 is perfect. the 266 is basically standard MG the 270 similar IIRC and are well old profiles.

thanks

#20 Mrpeanut

Mrpeanut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Local Club: Wessex MOC

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

thanks a lot.....what about Kent 266 or Piper270?

Evo1 is 266 ish but a more modern profile with extra lift. Essentially it's better but cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users