• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fladavid

fladavid
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Hi.
My wife is keen on buying our first ever Mini and she would really like one of the early Clubmans.She would purchase the first "nice looking" one she came across but I am a lot more cautious and would really like some inside info from you guys/girls as to what to look out for when buying a Mini and especially the early Clubman version and what version would be best. Also I'm bewildered by the different packs available, can anyone please explain what they are?
Many thanks.
David.

#2 johnR

johnR

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:15 AM

Best advice - Don't!
2nd best advice - find one or more experts to take with you when you look at one, as unless you pay top money for a complete recent verifiable restoration it will be a minefield/moneypit.
Best of luck!

#3 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Local Club: TVMC

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

.... would really like one of the early Clubmans.... I'm bewildered by the different packs available, can anyone please explain what they are?

Different packs??? Are you looking to buy a classic Mini?.... or an early BMW MINI Clubman?

This site was set up to cater for the Issigonis designed Mini & it's derivatives. There are some on here who own both types but you will probably find the MINI2 site for the BMW MINI will suite your needs better.

#4 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:47 PM

guaranteed minefield if you don't know what you're looking at.

Lots to know

Lots of bodges

I've been looking for the past 6 months...I know my mini's very well. Can't rush it. Highly unlikely you'll find exactly what you want. You have to compromise.

Or maybe you've got the big boy bucks. 

Edited by miniQ, 14 September 2018 - 08:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares