Stu1961

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Local Club: Still Looking

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:51 AM

Just a quick one all,

it would seem almost impossible to find the original chrome plated hub caps without any dents, so my question is would it be possible/feasible to have the dents removed by a body shop or good panel beater will be having them re-chromed so surface damage to the original plated surface will not be an issue. Will be fitting the 9 hole reverse rims (Minispares) I believe the stainless repro's sold today will not fit the aforementioned wheels.

Cheers

Stuart 

#2 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:08 AM

Just a quick one all,

it would seem almost impossible to find the original chrome plated hub caps without any dents, so my question is would it be possible/feasible to have the dents removed by a body shop or good panel beater will be having them re-chromed so surface damage to the original plated surface will not be an issue. Will be fitting the 9 hole reverse rims (Minispares) I believe the stainless repro's sold today will not fit the aforementioned wheels.

Cheers

Stuart 

I would have thought they could do that, they certainly can  beat dents out of bumpers and over riders on cars which are much thicker steel.

I would think it would be expensive though.

#3 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:12 AM

Just a quick one all,

Cheers

Stuart 

I would have thought they could do that, they certainly can  beat dents out of bumpers and over riders on cars which are much thicker steel.

I would think it would be expensive though.

http://www.castlechr....uk/contact.php

I see your in Stourbridge, these guys aren't far from you and have a good reputation.  I've seen their work at shows and its first class.

#4 Stu1961

Stu1961

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Local Club: Still Looking

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:46 PM

Cheers thanks for the reply, that's where I was going to get them re-chromed chances are they will know of a decent body shop that could get the dents out never thought of that option. Many thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users