#1 Gillybobs

Gillybobs

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:12 PM

Hi just a quick question do all spi models have this bracket or do the very early ones have something different on the bulkhead ?

r9Hq7VU.jpg

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:23 PM

My 2 1993 built shells have them, they're carb regulated and the bracket is for two relays

#3 Gillybobs

Gillybobs

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

My cars a late carb 1993 like yours but basically a SPI shell .The reason I ask is that I've bought a bulkhead sound proofing pad from the mini and metro show at gaydon which I assumed would be correct for my car but doesn't have cut out for this bracket and a couple of other small holes missing . I've only just opened the box up with it to check against my car. I'm just trying to clarify that I've got the wrong sound proofing in my box before I contact the vendor .

To me this looks like one for a 1990 -92 mini what year did SPI production start?

v0cffdy.jpg
ZYn5PUE.jpg

#4 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:09 PM

My advice is unless it's a concourse restoration don't fit any soundproofing to the top of the bulkhead as soundproofing will trap moisture.

On my cars I have binned the type of sound proofing you have listed and kept the bitumen type as fitted on the floor in place, yes it is loud but not unbearable.

When removed the proofing was damp or soaked with moisture

Anyway back on topic... I don't think that is correct either as there doesn't seem to be any holes for the relay bracket

Edited by cal844, 25 September 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#5 Gillybobs

Gillybobs

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

Sent an email to the vendor see what they be got to say .
I'm not too worried about damp as I cant ever see me taking the car out in really bad weather. I would prefer to keep it in as I'm going to be taking my young children in the car so want it as comfortable as possible.

#6 viz139

viz139

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Local Club: Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:41 AM

I think your right about the  90-92 but I know from my own SPi that you just need to cut lines in a H shape were the bracket is and it slots in behind it.

#7 Gillybobs

Gillybobs

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:42 PM

Just a little update the vendor sent me out a what they call an MPI bulkhead foam and it fits perfectly . The only thing I've got to do is make 2 small holes for the fuse box . Don't think that should be too much of an issue as it looks to be marked on the foam.
Just like to say what great service I've had from the vendor who is Smiffys Bits . Replied very quickly to my emails and sent me a replacement foam no quibbles.
Not often you get some great service like that !

u1wS6f3.jpg

#8 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

Iv had many good things from Smiffys Bits, never had to email them though but their quality and speed are very good....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users