48 replies to this topic

#46 Dandyer1995

Dandyer1995

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

following this! those Kad calipers just look like the dogs... can't wait to see the progress

#47 1330RG

1330RG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

Im curious why turbo mini builds tend to use bleed valves for boost adjustment? Iv owened alot of jap turbo stuff and always used hks evc boost controllers as the boost controll is far more acurate and stable.

Looking like its going to be a wicked build though.

Edited by 1330RG, 12 January 2019 - 10:10 AM.

#48 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,418 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Im curious why turbo mini builds tend to use bleed valves for boost adjustment? Iv owened alot of jap turbo stuff and always used hks evc boost controllers as the boost controll is far more acurate and stable.

Because they're ridiculously expensive for what they are. All my evo's had their boost controlled by the ECU. Much better control.

#49 1330RG

1330RG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Because they're ridiculously expensive for what they are. All my evo's had their boost controlled by the ECU. Much better control.
Ecu control is the same as a boost controller so should be acurate as its electronically monitered. I was on about manual bleed valves though dude, i guess its because alot of minis run turbos on carb not injected engines with ecu’s either way it doesnt matter, just wondered was all.
As for hks evc being expensive think the most i ever paid was about £60 or so, i used to buy alot of my stuff/parts from the yahoo japanese auction site (jdm version of ebay).

Sorry for steering off topic. Back to the build 😁

Edited by 1330RG, 12 January 2019 - 06:18 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares