17 replies to this topic

#16 Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

You can replace the short line between the master cylinder and where it joins the flexible hose - just cut it off just above the nut and now you can use a six point socket on the nut, that way you won't round it off like you will with an open end wrench or even a line wrench. Once apart buy a new flex hose and a new short pipe. Bleed as usual and Job done. However if you're still on the original master, I would replace it too...they really are consumables.

Thank you, have already tried this and its absolutely solid... 2 sockets and a sore arm later lol!

Think I will get the dremel out and cut the nut off... Not a clue what to do with the engine steady bar nut of it wont loosen :(

I had the same problem as you. Had to resort to using a Dremel to split the nut. I rebuilt it with the Minispares one piece flexible hose C-AJJ4025COMP which was much easier to work with.

#17 Ade-Cooper

Ade-Cooper

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:40 PM

Ok - does anyone know the specifications for the bolt that holds the flexi pipe in place??? Rather then spending £2 I'm sure I can find it cheaper.

.75 thread??? Anyone know the specifications please :)

Attached Files

#18 Ade-Cooper

Ade-Cooper

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

You can replace the short line between the master cylinder and where it joins the flexible hose - just cut it off just above the nut and now you can use a six point socket on the nut, that way you won't round it off like you will with an open end wrench or even a line wrench. Once apart buy a new flex hose and a new short pipe. Bleed as usual and Job done. However if you're still on the original master, I would replace it too...they really are consumables.

Thank you, have already tried this and its absolutely solid... 2 sockets and a sore arm later lol!

Think I will get the dremel out and cut the nut off... Not a clue what to do with the engine steady bar nut of it wont loosen :(

I had the same problem as you. Had to resort to using a Dremel to split the nut. I rebuilt it with the Minispares one piece flexible hose C-AJJ4025COMP which was much easier to work with.

Issues left right and centre - need to learn to but the complete kit and not just what I need!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users