2 replies to this topic

#1 bdean

bdean

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:27 PM

Is it worth it? I've soaked the brake master cylinder, brake valve, clutch master cylinder and some of the brake lines in Deox-C.

I would quite like to keep the original brake lines as they are shaped correctly. They have a green coating. I thought about respraying them. Anyone know the correct original colour? Are they worth saving?

Same with the cylinders/values are they worth saving? They have cleaned up OK. I thought I might get them zinc plated, thoughts on refurbishing these kind of components?

QteG2TYl.jpg?1

#2 Bat

Bat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

Hydraulics that are now at least 18 years old are probably best in the bin.

Once they're drained of fluid for a period of time they often fail shortly after refitting, worse still is you'll have paid money to get them plated.

Cheers  :proud:

#3 jamesquintin

jamesquintin

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

I'm in the same boat as you.

I've tried using rebuild kits in the past, but they never worked. I am just going to replace all the hydrylic parts, including the calipers.

The only original brake pipes I am using are in the engine bay, the rest I am remaking.

I'll also be spraying the pipes the original green. No idea of the colour, I was just going to take one of the pipes to my local paint place and get a can colour matched.

Q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users