Wild Bill

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

Dear All

Well after many years of hankering i finally dived in and bought my first mini. She's a 68 MK2 Morris Cooper S in snowberry white with black roof. I picked her up near Chester and bought her back by trailer. First thing she did was pee oil over my driveway in excitement with a split OP hose. Quickly fixed. I have quite a few jobs to sort but she's pretty good and better than i expected. Usual rot but solid floors. Need a new bootlid and she'll need some bodywork but i'm not going OTT as i don't want a garage queen. I'm rebuilding my Caterham Seven after an argument with a lamppost and whilst waiting for bits  started hunting in earnest for the mini, boredom is a terrible thing. She's everything i hoped she'd be. Currently having servo plumbed in and a N/S output shaft seal. Few other odds and sods too

I believe there's a meet at Corsley on the 3rd wed (same night as the LotusSeven club meet i think)  which i may have to give a look in to.

I'm sure loads of questions will come up so i'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction as an when. Tried to attach a pic but may have failed!

Attached File  IMG_5690.jpg   47.37K   2 downloads

#2 paul748

paul748

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

Hi

Your pic didn't fail, looks like a very nice mini you got there.

I've been down in your neck of the woods several times with work...Radstock.

Paul

#3 Lucas1988

Lucas1988

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Local Club: Frome Mini Club

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

welcome to the area.

yes you are correct about the meet, its 1st and 3rd weds of the month. i have been going for a number of years they meet at 9pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users