9 replies to this topic

#1 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 08:27 AM

FINALLY! i get to ure power tools! :D only kiden im guna have a crack at gettign the rust of the back between the bumper and the bottom of the boot! its not to big about the sizze of two 50p's i shouldnt think theres a hole there any one got any tips on sprayign and filling etc... keep it siple because im 15 and i do nto own a spray booth like teh looky few here! :D :grin: :tongue: cheerz people!

#2 dklawson

dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:56 PM

Miniman... I wrot ths so U'd understan it.

Where zactly R the holes U ned 2 fil? If U cant weld U ned 2 sand off awl th rust to bare metl. If U ken pas MOT w/o these repairs bean metl, use GRP 2 fix it. If U ned metl, use acid flux and a HOT soldering iron 2 install metl patches. Use plastix fill-r over the soldered patch 4 appearance. All acid flux must B removed B-4 filler applied. Dry sand 2 blend repairs, then prime from a spray can followed by mor sandin 'n top coat from a can.

I can't stand abbreviated, non-English web speak.

#3 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 August 2004 - 05:24 PM

me neeva i tink it sux

- in terms of the rust miniman5, then dklawson's advice is really good, make sure you get rid of ALL the rust before you do any repairs though else it will just rust through again in a very short time

#4 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

LMFAO @ Lawson

I had to read it really slow, but top advice !

#5 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:37 PM

Miniman... I wrot ths so U'd understan it.

Where zactly R the holes U ned 2 fil? If U cant weld U ned 2 sand off awl th rust to bare metl. If U ken pas MOT w/o these repairs bean metl, use GRP 2 fix it. If U ned metl, use acid flux and a HOT soldering iron 2 install metl patches. Use plastix fill-r over the soldered patch 4 appearance. All acid flux must B removed B-4 filler applied. Dry sand 2 blend repairs, then prime from a spray can followed by mor sandin 'n top coat from a can.

I can't stand abbreviated, non-English web speak.

Ahh, my brain hurts!

#6 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:38 PM

lmao...classic

#7 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 07:49 AM

lol iv finnished it down and the newly sprayed stuff is slightly darker than the other pait does that mean ive got to much primer on??

#8 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:29 AM

the newly sprayed stuff is slightly darker than the other pait does that mean ive got to much primer on??

did you use a spray can, if you did then that might be the answer, no two cans of spray are perfectlly matched

#9 dklawson

dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:17 PM

As Cowboy said, spray cans don't usually match the color of the paint on your car... or each other if they aren't from the same production lot. If you want to invest in an exact match you'll need to take a removable painted part of your car to a paint shop and have them blend an exact match. Some paint shops can put this into an aerosol can for you. If they can't, as a minimum you'll need to invest in an inexpensive air brush to apply the custom paint. In the U.S. the minimum purchase is about 1 pint of paint.

#10 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 12:38 PM

ahh that explains it! i thort i had to much primer on or some thing :tongue: i went out into the garage and sorted it at about 11ish at nite and i got it done i T-cutted it and sprayed new stuff on again and its not half as bad i think it is i asked the girly friend if she could see were i sprayed and she sed no so it cant be that bad! :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users