18 replies to this topic

#16 matt615

matt615

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

One way to adjust it is to bend the arm. The lower the float is relative to the variable resistor, the higher it will push the arm up (and therefore increase gauge reading) for the same level of fuel.

Edited by matt615, 16 December 2018 - 06:03 PM.

#17 dangerousdowning

dangerousdowning

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

One way to adjust it is to bend the arm. The lower the float is relative to the variable resistor, the higher it will push the arm up (and therefore increase gauge reading) for the same level of fuel.

Unfortunately that wont work. As with the sender out and the arm moved to the highest point, it still wasn't reading a full tank - sender has a bump-stop top and bottom. So even if you bend it, its still going to hit the bump-stop at the same point.

#18 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

The screw is the adjustment to the striker arm. turn too much and is goes too far and stops reading altogether. get it at the maximum and it still doesn't read a full tank.

Just need to rule out anything else, before I order yet another sender unit. 

The senders are adjustable as are the Smiths type Gauges, I'm not sure if the later gauges were adjustable or not.

#19 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:08 PM

I had a similar problem to this for years and in the end (after trying two different sender units) I ended up bending the arm outwards a little bit which resolved the problem. I can only assume that it was fouling on something at the edge of my tank (although no idea what as I have a standard pre-injection tank...(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users