3 replies to this topic

#1 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

Has anyone used these bases before? Im putting a set of cobras in and these look to fit the bill. I cant find anywhere that says they are locking but the grainy photo suggests they are. One review said they were quite a bit higher than oem as well so i am a little concerned about that too.

https://www.sportsea.../prod_1184.html

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:05 AM

yes they are locking . as in that you move the lever and they will slide and stop when you let go. but they do not lock into that bar on the floor. the rear legs need bolting down as the seal lock is only on one side so the seat twists.

to be honest it is just about like every base out there. you can also adjust the height with a saw and a drill.

#3 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for that. I need ones that lock down. The search continues but i think the cobra locking ones are the only game in town.

#4 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

So i ended up buying those ones after i talked to the dealer. They do lock down to the floor bar as well as slide back and forth. They fit in fine but i feel the front mounting point should have an extra hole drilled in it so i can the seat front a little lower. Other than that they are fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users