Cool paintwork

#17 Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:45 PM

Hi Vinay, where would I find either of these tags. The carpet is glued down so I want to check where I am lokk9before I start ripping up the carpet to find the tags.

Thanks

Adam

Welcome :) I think it might be a 1275 E given that it has the early E steering wheel (1980 cars only). (But it could be an HLE shell, as the only way to tell would be to check the tag on the cross member under the passenger seat or rear parcel shelf). 

Looks like a bit of a mixed bag of parts on the car. The shell is definitely an E shell, as the 1098 clubman and GTS had the shroud to help with cooling next to the radiator, and the 1275 Es did not. The clocks are from a GTS, the stripe is a GTS stripe, and the wheels are from a 12" GTS (not sure if there are discs under there). The motor looks to have rivetted tags that were removed (but it isn't clear from the pics). It also doesn't seem to have a 11 stud head, so it is probably not a GTS motor, although you can check this by looking for the last four digits on the block near the distributor. The 1275 E should have a stamped tag with a 12HEH number. The location of the washer bottle is from a later E (1981-1984). 

It looks like a neat car. Congrats on the purchase :)

#18 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

There is a tag on the parcel shelf by the fuel tank and one on the cross member under the passenger seat. IIRC the one under the passenger seat has the information you would be looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users