#1 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

Good afternoon TMF,

Following unprecedented demand for our carpet kits we have made the decision to launch the range prior to our Christmas dispatch cut-off date.

• Please find the new range on our website here: LINK

The range is completely ready for launch (and ready for production), but we still need to sort out some of the photos and improve the descriptions (fingers crossed we manage to fit the photography in before Christmas).

As mentioned above, the demand for these kits has been huge (anyone who follows us on social media will have seen a few posts regarding the kits over the past few months) and you lot want them for Christmas... so, we thought we would be nice and launch them a little bit early.

Order them before midnight Sunday and we guarantee to have them dispatched in time for Christmas.

Regards,

Andy @ Optimise Automotive

P.S. We will be officially launching the kits in the New Year, so I will put a more detailed post up at a later date.

Edited by roberts, 08 December 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#2 Jase

Jase

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:59 PM

Are these moulded sets Andy and are they as per factory?

Thanks

Jason

#3 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

Hi Andy just a technical question. Are the carpets cut out free hand using a mechanical device or cut by something like a cad machine?

#4 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:04 AM

Are these moulded sets Andy and are they as per factory?

Thanks

Jason

No they are not moulded or made to original specs:

• The entry level range is a backed black carpet with a leatherette bound edge.
  • The deluxe kit is manufactured from closed cell foam and trimmed in the carpet colour of your choice.

Hi Andy just a technical question. Are the carpets cut out free hand using a mechanical device or cut by something like a cad machine?

Neither of the above, they are made/marked using templates and then cut/trimmed by skilled craftsmen.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

#5 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:58 AM

Hi Andy,

If the deluxe kit is closed cell foamad carpet combined, do the two main sections just sit in the car (i.e, don't need to be glued or attached in any way, so they can be lifted out if need be)? And what about the smaller sections? What is the best way to fix these?

Lastly, is it possible for you to send a small piece of scrap material out as a sample? I'm keen to try a set of these carpets at the same time as ordering a headliner, but I'd really like to see the foam/carpet combination in the flesh. PM me if easier or I can email you.

Cheers,

Rich.

#6 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

Hi Andy,

If the deluxe kit is closed cell foamad carpet combined, do the two main sections just sit in the car (i.e, don't need to be glued or attached in any way, so they can be lifted out if need be)? And what about the smaller sections? What is the best way to fix these?

Lastly, is it possible for you to send a small piece of scrap material out as a sample? I'm keen to try a set of these carpets at the same time as ordering a headliner, but I'd really like to see the foam/carpet combination in the flesh. PM me if easier or I can email you.

Cheers,

Rich.

Both kits are installed in the same way that you would install any Classic Mini carpet kit - the accompanying trim (bulk head piece, inner wheel arch pieces, under door pieces and cross member piece) is glued in and then the two main floor pieces (both front and rear sections) sit in place without any fixings.

With regards to samples:

• You can request samples of our carpet on the website: LINK
  • We do not have samples of the closed cell foam though.

Regards,

#7 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

Hi Andy thanks for the info. Also thanks for companies like yours that continue to make products for these remarkable cars.

#8 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Will Mk 3 carpets fit a ‘65 Riley Elf Mk 2 ( external door hinges)?

#9 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

Will you be making them for pickups?

#10 Jase

Jase

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Sounds good Andy, will have a look at these carpets when I see you in April.

Best wishes for the New Year.

jason

#11 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:02 AM

Good morning guys,

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year - we are now open again after our Christmas break.

Will Mk 3 carpets fit a ‘65 Riley Elf Mk 2 ( external door hinges)?

I'm afraid I do not know if they will fit or not.

They are designed to fit MK3 (Onwards) Saloons & Clubmans (1969 to 2000), so if a standard MK3 (Onwards) carpet set fits the Elf then they will fit. However, I do not know if the Elf floor pan is the same as a MK3 (Onwards) Classic Mini.

Will you be making them for pickups?

We won't be offering a product range item for the pickup (unfortunately, there just isn't the market for that), but we can certainly offer bespoke carpets on a drive-in-drive-out basis.

If that is of interest please contact us ([email protected]).

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users