Photo

Where Is The A/c Relay Located On '92 1.3 Spi Jdm?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 classwinners

classwinners

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:01 AM

Hello All, 

The new-to-me 1992 Rover Mini 1.3 SPi came to me from Japan with non-functional A/C. It appears the relay is bad, because I found power at both sides of both fuses under the cap of what I thought was the relay near the brake booster (The fan in the interior blows until one of said fuses is removed), but I have no power at the condenser fan or A/C compressor pressure switch. But I cannot find the relay in the mess of wires and relays.

Where exactly is the air conditioning relay in the 1992 JDM cars? (I'd appreciate something more specific than "under the bonnet" or "on the firewall".) There are a number of relays -- including two sets of two yellow relays (which appear to be flashers) on the left corner and right corner and a couple of other relays splattered about. It is near impossible to trace wires across the firewall.

Thank you so much!

Sam

#2 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:26 PM

Air conditioning relay looks the same as the MFU used on SPi motors. So it’s not a small thing. On my later model it’s inside the car near the bonnet pull handle bolted under the dash rail and is a white moulding.

FS

#3 classwinners

classwinners

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

So on my car (early 1992 SPi with just a 4 fuse box), there are two A/C relays on the brake booster and two a/c fuses. It's different than 1995 and later cars with the interior fuse box and the all-in-one relay. My car doesn't even have the interior bonnet pull.

#4 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

So on my car (early 1992 SPi with just a 4 fuse box), there are two A/C relays on the brake booster and two a/c fuses. It's different than 1995 and later cars with the interior fuse box and the all-in-one relay. My car doesn't even have the interior bonnet pull.

Okay I misread you post I thought you couldn’t find them...so sounds like you have, so it’s either tracing with a multimeter or an auto electrician to test through the system.

FS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users