25 replies to this topic

#16 JK95

JK95

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

Sad to hear such things about Stuart, knowing I'm a potential future customer. He has always seemed like the man with the most sorted out kit.

Don’t let my experience put you off.
It’s a good kit, just don’t bolt it on and go like I did and expect it to work.
Dont plan to, just never a good thing to hear that communication might not be too easy. Knowing I`m in Norway a phone call is not always the easiest. Anyways I`m impressed by both the knowledge and diversity on this forum, and most of what I hear about Stuarts kits, so I plan on keeping the idea rolling.

#17 Zach P-D

Zach P-D

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

Look at The Car Kitchen for a S/C kit.

#18 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:02 AM

Sad to hear such things about Stuart, knowing I'm a potential future customer. He has always seemed like the man with the most sorted out kit.

Don’t let my experience put you off.
It’s a good kit, just don’t bolt it on and go like I did and expect it to work.
Dont plan to, just never a good thing to hear that communication might not be too easy. Knowing I`m in Norway a phone call is not always the easiest. Anyways I`m impressed by both the knowledge and diversity on this forum, and most of what I hear about Stuarts kits, so I plan on keeping the idea rolling.
Don’t get me wrong, once I sort the issues, it will make good power.

#19 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

None of these kits are completely bolt on on go. If you think this kit was a pain, try a blow through set up.

#20 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:22 PM

None of these kits are completely bolt on on go. If you think this kit was a pain, try a blow through set up.

I’m actually looking forward th changing things up and seeing what I can get out of it.

#21 Furyan

Furyan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:28 PM

I would be interested as I'm sure others on here would be too, if you could maybe start a build thread on your engine plans and detail what was necessary for your particular engine to get the results you wanted.

Prospective Vmax supercharger buyers, of which I might be one, would then have an account of what might be needed to get their own engine running sweetly and producing the power they expected.

Good luck anyway. hope it turns out ok.

#22 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:59 AM

I would be interested as I'm sure others on here would be too, if you could maybe start a build thread on your engine plans and detail what was necessary for your particular engine to get the results you wanted.

Prospective Vmax supercharger buyers, of which I might be one, would then have an account of what might be needed to get their own engine running sweetly and producing the power they expected.

That’s not a silly idea, I might just do that.
Thanks

#23 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

I have a build thread and part of it is an engine build specifically for the Weber supercharged kit. http://www.theminifo...rt-rat-sleeper/

#24 Furyan

Furyan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

I have a build thread and part of it is an engine build specifically for the Weber supercharged kit. http://www.theminifo...rt-rat-sleeper/

Thanks for that I will have a read over the festive period.

Still be nice if Chris  Williams gave us his views on his engine and supercharger build as the more info for  Vmax supercharge newbies (like me) the better.

#25 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

Sorry to hear you've had that experience, but end of the day every engine is different and i think the term "bolt on" is very misunderstood and misused by many retailers, when it was put on the dyno again to test the results the fueling must have been way out to get that result I would have thought? If i fitted one of these kits i wouldn't expect it to be perfect straightaway like many things it takes time and skill to get it set up correctly for your engine.

#26 postve

postve

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 08:18 PM

That’s not a silly idea, I might just do that.
Thanks

Hey Chris,

What was the final result as I am on the cusp of either a VMAX or Jonspeed supercharger - just wanted to know what you did or if you have a blog on it somewhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users