Attached Files

#2 smudger068

smudger068

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

Check out my thread bud. I use these. What they are exactly called I cannot remember (Just looked. They are mini specials) I'm on 6x10 ultralites assuming wellers have the same offset again I'm not sure.

Edited by smudger068, 16 December 2018 - 09:57 AM.

#3 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:24 AM

Just standard arches

http://www.minispare...|Back to search

#4 thebluepotato

thebluepotato

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Atlanta Classic Minis

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

These are the standard Mk4 type arches and built like bricks.  They fit perfectly and I went through a LOT of arches...after several I purchased, I went back to my originals on my MB Racing 10x6 3-piece wheels.

Attached Files

#5 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:49 AM

These are the standard Mk4 type arches and built like bricks.  They fit perfectly and I went through a LOT of arches...after several I purchased, I went back to my originals on my MB Racing 10x6 3-piece wheels.

did you end up drilling multiple holes for the other arches or just trial fitted them? I just smacked some minisport group 2 race arches and they fit like trash -.- unfortunately i had to drill the holes to get it mounted for the mot next week but im really unhappy with the way they fit... was thinking of getting some plastic ones like you have. (im running 10x5.5 et0 JBW W8s and 165 falkens)

#6 thebluepotato

thebluepotato

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Atlanta Classic Minis

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

did you end up drilling multiple holes for the other arches or just trial fitted them? I just smacked some minisport group 2 race arches and they fit like trash -.- unfortunately i had to drill the holes to get it mounted for the mot next week but im really unhappy with the way they fit... was thinking of getting some plastic ones like you have. (im running 10x5.5 et0 JBW W8s and 165 falkens)

I decided to drill....as much as didn't want to, but these arches fit so well and looked so tight with my 10x6 MB's that it was a no brainer.  But I trial fitted them and taped them into place...looked at them at all angles and just looked right.

I also had the mini sport group 2 and quickly sold them.  they required a LOT of sanding and painting and sanding and just didn't look right compared with the ones you see pictured above.  You can easily putty or "plug" your group 2 holes and just mark the new holes for the ones you see on my car.  Then touch up on the inside with some POR or similar under carriage paint for protection.  You will never see those holes.  I would also recommend using some of the rubber edging you get with any arch kit and put that between the arch and body.

#7 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

In that first picture, I assume the standard arch is fitted differently (rotated anti-clockwise as you look at the wheel)? Normally the standard arch should come further forwards.

#8 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

I used group two arches and 'sort of' covered 6x10 MWS minilites with 2degress camber, slightly wider than the standard arches.

Attached Files

Edited by Racer_Pete, 18 December 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#9 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

I decided to drill....as much as didn't want to, but these arches fit so well and looked so tight with my 10x6 MB's that it was a no brainer.  But I trial fitted them and taped them into place...looked at them at all angles and just looked right.

I also had the mini sport group 2 and quickly sold them.  they required a LOT of sanding and painting and sanding and just didn't look right compared with the ones you see pictured above.  You can easily putty or "plug" your group 2 holes and just mark the new holes for the ones you see on my car.  Then touch up on the inside with some POR or similar under carriage paint for protection.  You will never see those holes.  I would also recommend using some of the rubber edging you get with any arch kit and put that between the arch and body.

im worried the holes from the group 2 race arches are too high up that theyll be really visible :/
whats the ET on your wheels? 
ofcourse i put a rubber seam strip into the arch to make sure i dont scratch up everything ;) Ill be taking them off after the mot to paint them and clean up the holes i drilled. actually want to put rivnuts in but only when i get the right arch ;)

In that first picture, I assume the standard arch is fitted differently (rotated anti-clockwise as you look at the wheel)? Normally the standard arch should come further forwards.

yea they seem like theyre pushed up a bit or rolled backwards and cut shot. no idea tho -.-

#10 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:10 PM

I used group two arches and 'sort of' covered 6x10 MWS minilites with 2degress camber, slightly wider than the standard arches.

i wouldnt even call that "sort of covered" XD. Are those from minisport`?

#11 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

i wouldnt even call that "sort of covered" XD. Are those from minisport`?

They where from Minispares, if Stevie Wonder was working for traffic police and i got pulled I'd have been fine.

#12 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:23 PM

hahahha

Attached Files

#13 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

?

Attached Files

#14 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,767 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

Like the ones on every night at 7pm on radio 4

I probably deserve to get a warning for that.

Edited by DeadSquare, 19 December 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#15 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

About your roof rack not the arches ... is it an old one you've refurbished or did you manage to find a new one? I've been looking for something similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users