#1 Flatsix911

Flatsix911

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:38 PM

Good Morning,

I thought that I would share my mostly completed project. A year ago, I bought a 1971 Mini 1000 for the purpose of building a weekend cone racer. I haven't posted but I have used the forum as a resource and I thank all of you for your help. I would also like to thank Jack at Seven Enterprises in Calif for his help and advise!

I bought the car online and was told that there were no body issues. When it arrived, I found that the areas around the tailights, trunk, wheel wells, door lowers, and the entire floorpan and sills were rusted garbage.

I replaced the door skins, floor pan, heel board, trunk sections and patched in sheet metal where rust existed. The car was then sent out for sandblasting and powder coating. This was way more of a project than I anticipated but the finished product would be a rust free shell.

I then moved on to the subframes and suspension. The subframes were stripped and sent out for powder coat. I replaced the cones with HiLo's and springs, added adjustable shocks, new brakes rear, disc on the front, KAD sway bars, poly bushings, and replaced all of the bearings and hardware. Every bolt and nut were replaced with grade 8 hardware. Nylocs were used everywhere possible.

I've had the car out to the track twice and it's fairly quick with the stock 1275 A+.

Sometime next year, I anticipate that the next project is group 5 flares, 13" wheels and tires and punching the 1275 out to a 1340 or 1380.

Cheers!

Gregg

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users