#1 elpez

elpez

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Local Club: Minis of Miami

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

Drove the mini to work and on the return trip noticed that the temp gauge was not reading, stopped, looked under the hood and all was normal so I kept driving.  When the car cooled down , went through all the connections etc. and all are fine, but the temp gauge does not work.  Would this be the temp sensor that is located  on the underside of the injection throttle body?  If so, what's the best way to access it.?  Would I need a code reader to reset the ECU if the sensor is replaced?  May seem like a simple fix but access to code readers are not common on this side of the pond.  Thanks!

94 Spi, Rover Cooper

#2 minimat

minimat

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Local Club: anglian mini club

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

Check the wiring is not broken where it runs beetween  the inlet manifold and the bulkhead.

#3 hungdynasty

hungdynasty

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:05 AM

I changed it , if you can lift up the car high enough, it is possible to change from underneath with a long extension bar and a long 19mm socket. But first you need to un plug the connector, room is limited, if you have big hand and arm, you probably need to ask your wife or girlfriend to do it.

#4 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

As above can be done from underneath but a bit of a sod of a job. Check for continuity in loom back to ECU and out to back if gauge (might have come off) first as it’s easier!

FS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users