1 reply to this topic

#1 hungdynasty

hungdynasty

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

Replaced the old hazard switch with a new one, tried to open up the old switch to have a look and I stupidly pop the plastic piece,pins and spring loose. Now I have tried my best to re assemble it , please see attached pictures and please let me know if you had seen the inside before and see I did it wrong, thanks very much.

Attached Files

#2 richmondclassicsnorthwales

richmondclassicsnorthwales

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

Bit hard to see     it,s one of them, you could have held the switch a bit better rather than let it go all over the place - I know its a bit too late now - but **** happens

You can try the parts assembled and see without putting it back on the wired connector and see if it works first,  - use a multimeter and check the circuit. Make sure it rocks and locks as it would normally do - and makes a circuit

There is a product called Servisol  it cleans the internals of switches without having to take them apart, you spray into the switch for about 6 or 7  seconds, and it normally does the job. Very good gear !

It is the old lubrication inside the switch that gets dirty normally and covers the contacts leading to non connectivity 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users