#1 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

I've just started up for the first time, the engine I've been rebuilding for a long time, to go in my MK2 'S'. You can see a video of it here.

I only had the lcb fitted, so it's a bit loud.  I will hopefully start it up again and take a better video but me and the Mrs were a bit excited about it firing up for the first time.  The block, crank, rods were brought back from the USA, so it's had an interesting life.  The machining was done at Southam's.  It has an Evolution 001 camshaft in it as I wanted a smooth tickover.

A lot of advice and knowledge was gleemed from this forum, so thank you very much and Happy New Year.

Paul

#2 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

Happy new year! Great to see it up and running, I bet you're really proud. Is it a 1275 S? 

#3 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:43 PM

Thank you for your comments.  Yes, it's a 1275 thin flange S engine I've built up over the last 12 months.  A lot of the parts came from contacts on here and other forums, as well as ebay.  Lovely when it fired up and ran so well.  Just want to get it set up and fitted.

Paul

#4 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:59 PM

It'll have pride of place in that lovely resto BenO has done for you I take it. Sounds great Floormanager ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users