6 replies to this topic

#1 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:15 PM

I'm looking for a small pot of touch-up paint in Tartan Red - has anyone found a supplier?

#2 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

I buy mine from Bull Motif. They do every colour ever produced in touch up, paint on and aerosol.

#3 mini_in_progress

mini_in_progress

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:20 AM

I buy my paint bits from paint shop supplys here in notts. Im sure if you google paint suppliers in your area you will find something, if you plan to spray you can buy half sometimes quarter litre pots but that will make double when thinned.

#4 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

I was ideally thinking of those little pots with their own brush for stonechips - I've got a few tiny marks from taking the engine out that I want to sort before I install the new one.

#5 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,896 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Sorry John i deleted my post as i forgot to add the link, however depending on what Tartan red you are using, Mazda Classic Red is a very close match and i had been recommended this off the forum (it may have been spraypainterpeter)

Now Project Erm is Tartan Red 2 and i have to admit i have not really checked to see how close a match it is.

#6 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

I'd use a fine artist's brush rather than the brushes supplied with the little containers of touch up paint as they tend to be a bit too thick.

#7 mini_in_progress

mini_in_progress

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

I'd use a fine artist's brush rather than the brushes supplied with the little containers of touch up paint as they tend to be a bit too thick.

I bought a white 106 many years ago and someone touched it up with one it looked like someone had tip-exed all over the car... i hate them things. Id rarther brush on proper car paint or even spray coulor match into the lid and paint that on. You could always mask off a tiny area and then buff/ wet and dry it too

Edited by mini_in_progress, 02 January 2019 - 04:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users