Photo
- - - - -

Who Drove To Their Wedding In Their Mini?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: Minis in Northern Ireland

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

I did with my 1964 Morris "Cooper S" Traveller - running full 1293 Manx Cooper S running gear

Looking great.

I know that venue well. My daughter is planning to take our mini to the same place for her wedding too.

#17 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: Minis in Northern Ireland

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

Technically not my own wedding but used ours to take a pair to their wedding.

Attached Files

Edited by Alice Dooper, 26 January 2019 - 05:11 PM.

#18 finch661

finch661

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

I did, i drove from Edinburgh up to Orkney (including a small break down outside inverness).  I will find some pics!

I like the pic.

I didn't realise that Orkney was that close to Scotland, or that the sea was so shallow.

ah see if you drive fast enough, you can skip across the sea like skimming a stone....

#19 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

Yep I did, 4 years ago just after a rebuild. I was chatting so much the next day whilst the mini was idling on choke, that the car died 300m down the road with the plugs all sooted up!

[/url]w181014-548 by Trissy B, on Flickr">http://<a href='http...c.kr/p/SME3vP'>33334503433_da257d6162_k.jpgw181014-548 by Trissy B, on Flickr

#20 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

I went and bought our Elf unseen (I know!) off Ebay a week before our wedding. We then decided I should use him on the day. Drove him the 50 miles to my parents the night before, my mum was horrified at the fact I was willing to drive him the 40 miles to the wedding the day after. On the day I set off down the motorway with my parents following, in case I broke down, and promtly lost them from my mirrors for the whole journey. Didn't miss a beat on the day and got a huge amount of attention.

8704698561_ba00dd3ad2_k.jpg

Eight years later BErt the Elf has finally made it into a bodyshop for a full resto as I couldn;t finish the work myself. Going to bankrupt me, but he holds a lot of sentimental importance as my wedding car.  The MINI I met my wife in has recently come up for sale and my EBay finger is twitching:-)

Edited by humph, 19 January 2019 - 10:44 AM.

#21 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini's

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

I went and bought our Elf unseen (I know!) off Ebay a week before our wedding. We then decided I should use him on the day. Drove him the 50 miles to my parents the night before, my mum was horrified at the fact I was willing to drive him the 40 miles to the wedding the day after. On the day I set off down the motorway with my parents following, in case I broke down, and promtly lost them from my mirrors for the whole journey. Didn't miss a beat on the day and got a huge amount of attention.

8704698561_ba00dd3ad2_k.jpg

Eight years later BErt the Elf has finally made it into a bodyshop for a full resto as I couldn;t finish the work myself. Going to bankrupt me, but he holds a lot of sentimental importance as my wedding car.  The MINI I met my wife in has recently come up for sale and my EBay finger is twitching:-)

Buy it! The chance will not come up again

#22 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

We drive ours to many peoples weddings! :D :D

Had I only known I may well have hired yours. I was looking for a mini to go in. Bugger!!!!! :ohno:  And you're in Staffordshire.

#23 Dandyer1995

Dandyer1995

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

Mrs and I plan to get married in the Maldives so it’ll be a bloody long drive lol ? (once I pop the question that is)

Edited by Dandyer1995, 24 January 2019 - 07:43 PM.

#24 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:46 AM

I did mine it’s an apple jack green mini 1000 nothing special compared to some out there but wouldn’t swap it!

#25 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:37 AM

I took my brother to his wedding in 2015 in my Mini

Attached Files

#26 CMXCVIII

CMXCVIII

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:09 AM

Tiddles the Mini got married in 2017!

My daughter and son-in law were involved as well, but Tiddles featured centre-stage in their invitations, their wedding photography and their Mey Kannur cake!

Jon

Attached Files

#27 minitravellerman

minitravellerman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: Minis In Northern Ireland

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

I did with my 1964 Morris "Cooper S" Traveller - running full 1293 Manx Cooper S running gear

Looking great.

I know that venue well. My daughter is planning to take our mini to the same place for her wedding too.

Corrick House - I couldn't recommend it enough. They did everything they could for us and nothing was too much. I'm sure your daughter will have a great wedding there .. when is she getting married?

Technically not my own wedding but used ours to take a pair to their wedding.

And how much is this for a coincidence - the photographer is Andrea Morrissey of Angel Photography - our photographer for OUR wedding!

#28 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

This photo dates back to 1986 and was used as our wedding car and then family car, it coped with both my wife and I, a toddler and a German Shepherd, unfortunately it couldn't fit an additional child in so it had to go. :ohno:

Attached File  old old mini with twinkle - Copy.pdf   106.64K   14 downloads

My wife doesn't normally wear a yellow box on her face but insisted I blanked her face out?

Edited by JXC Mini GT, 02 April 2019 - 04:25 PM.

#29 bensheward

bensheward

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:00 PM

Mine was used for the big day. Did me proud all the way to Cornwall from Worcester the weekend before and on the big day, unfortunately bank holiday traffic the following day was an ask too much, fortunately we got back safe and sound though eventually. Wouldn’t have picked any other car for the day.

EF5ABF8D-25A2-4CE9-99CB-9A4460384558.jpe

#30 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:14 PM

I drove away from my first wedding in my 998 Cooper. That was 54 years ago today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users