4 replies to this topic

#1 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

Hi chaps I’m going to be cutting a few panels out tommorrow, I want to take of the complete rear quarter panel off or part of it to access the rear bins and heel board repair will I be ok doing that without bracing it up, it’s on a spit jig at the moment

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Hi chaps I’m going to be cutting a few panels out tommorrow, I want to take of the complete rear quarter panel off or part of it to access the rear bins and heel board repair will I be ok doing that without bracing it up, it’s on a spit jig at the moment

Yes that will be fine. Done that plenty of times. I normally take the whole quarter panel off.

#3 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

Cheers pal thought it would still plenty of strength in it isn’t there, I just want to access the heel board to repair it, the rear quarter is rusty too of course,
Would you repair the heel board then the floor or vice Versa? ? my thinking is heel board repairs then floor ? I do need to do the boot floor aswell thow ?

#4 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:16 PM

Just a thought would it be ok to remove both rear quarters and both over sills without braving up ? I’m just trying to see all the repairs needed before I tackle it with that all removed should be apparent

#5 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:33 PM

Well today didn’t go to plan the floors are shot! unfortunately so I’m going to get a complete floor with heel board, tunnel and sills attached basically the lot (genuine)
ADA36002 Is the product number, I’m no expert welder at all! so this is going to be a big job for me on my own but I think it’s the best job, the car is on a spit jig at the moment so I plan to sit the car on a pallet nice and flat and brace the he’ll out of it, I plan to drop some braces down to the floor and bolting them into seat belt mounts as a reference point to make sure it’s in the right place and height, for the heel board position I’ll get a genuine heritage subframe and new mounts and fit it in position bolting it through the boot floor so I know it’s in the right place, I will be removing the boot floor to at some point but I’m thinking my first job is the floor, I’ve a few questions
How high should I build my support frame to avoid difficulty getting the new floor in ?
Where should I take measurements from before I cut the floor out ?
Can I change the floor while it’s on a spit jig ?
Am I doing it in the right order doing the floor first ? Other Panels im changing include rear quarter panels, both door steps, boot floor and the front end
Cheers chaps sorry it’s a long one
Lee

Edited by leepol83, 12 January 2019 - 06:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users