3 replies to this topic

#1 aquila_352

aquila_352

Passed Test

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Hi all looking for some advice im just getting back into my mini after long time and looking at all the fixings I need to finish my project atm i am building up the front subframe.

So first question is has any one brought the mini in a box from a series and how’s it laid out is it all boxed with no real guide where they go or is it groups and a book telling you where they could go and What’s not included because was looking for the top arm retaining plate bolt on minispares and couldn’t find it.

Second question is smifty’s bits was looking at all that but after googling It looks like stainless is not a good choice and feeling put off from it. Has any one really played with the tie rod set,  top arm set and front shock pin that he sells.

Many thanks for your time and help

Edited by aquila_352, 14 January 2019 - 07:04 PM.

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

use the correct fixing for each part. the Minispares pages are good as the list the lengths and sizes for most bolts. stainless is a poor material for fasteners.

#3 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:17 PM

I’ve got the mini in a box kit from a series spares and I wouldn’t recommend it.

There’s no guide as to what goes where. There isn’t any bolts for the timing chain cover for example.

It wasn’t cheap either, far from it

#4 aquila_352

aquila_352

Passed Test

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:30 PM

Thank you Carlos w that's what I wanted to know as was tempted by it and was going to buy but might look at building a list myself or just buy singles items from minispares when needed thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users