8 replies to this topic

#1 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

With all these new low emmission zones coming in I seem to recall reading or hearing somewhere that heratige vehicles are exempt (i.e cars over 40 coinciding with tax and mot exemption). Has anyone else heard this or got any links to articles or have I just missed heard and am wishful thinking!!!? Would be helpful since my newest car is an 03 plate golf diesel!

#2 robminibcy

robminibcy

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

To answer my own question!! Just found on the tfl website that heratige vehicles are indeed exempt!!! Happy days! If I ever need to drive into London or Birmingham it will be in my eco friendly mini!!!

#3 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

An fyi for everyone- you can go to the tfl site and put your reg in and it will tell you if your car is eligible.
In a nut shell all diesels before 2015 will pay the new charge in addition to the congestion charge 24/7. Petrol cars older than roughly 2005 will also pay the additional charge.
2021 is when things get really interesting as the ultra low zone expands to a massive scale.

#4 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

2021 is when alot of people in London will really get stung, anyone driving a Diesel 6 years or older will be in for a nasty shock.

The Mayor may be shocked to learn that not everyone in the capital is a multi-millionaire banker who can afford a new car every day of the week.

#5 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

If anyone is reading above, diesels have to comply with euro 6 regulations whilst petrols have to comply with euro 4 regulations... That includes motorbikes too.

When it extends it'll be the north (a406) and south (a205) circulars...

#6 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:16 PM

An fyi for everyone- you can go to the tfl site and put your reg in and it will tell you if your car is eligible.
In a nut shell all diesels before 2015 will pay the new charge in addition to the congestion charge 24/7. Petrol cars older than roughly 2005 will also pay the additional charge.
2021 is when things get really interesting as the ultra low zone expands to a massive scale.

Just did a check on my Mini and the good news is 

Orange AUSTIN MORRIS MINI 1275 GT

No charge due for this vehicle

This vehicle either meets the required emission standards, is exempt from the scheme or is subject to a 100% discount.

#7 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

I'm lucky in two counts, firstly our daily car is a Toyota CH-R Hybrid and therefore exempt, secondly I don't live anywhere near London! Lol

#8 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

This vehicle either meets the required emission standards, is exempt from the scheme or is subject to a 100% discount.

Same for my 97 MPI mini. Odd, I'd have thought 'classic' cars would have to be older to qualify. Not that there's much chance of it going anywhere near a low emissions zone!

#9 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

Same for my 97 MPI mini. Odd, I'd have thought 'classic' cars would have to be older to qualify. Not that there's much chance of it going anywhere near a low emissions zone!

Aah, the changes haven't taken effect yet - so most cars will show 'no charge' on that website. As my oil burner LR Discovery does. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users