#1 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

Hello
Rebuilding a 96 SPI and have come to fit the charcoal canister. Im trying to recall what it connected to. On the top is labelled Tank (presume thats the pipe that runs along the underside of floor with the 2 fuel lines). Next is labelled PCV. I just cant find the PCV. Obviously the car is stripped so its trick. Can any show me a photo of what im searching for please ? And where does it fit.

Second the breather rail that runs by the throttle body - does anyone have a duagram as to which pipe attaches where please.

My labels have all been removed by my daughter who thought she was helping clean the mini. Bless.

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

I'd just plug the rubber pipes on the breathers and cap the port on the throttle body

Edited by cal844, 16 January 2019 - 07:00 PM.

#3 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

Have a look to a repair manual.The thin connection in front of the carb is the line to the purge valve and then to the carbon canister.The thicker one is connected to an elbow going  to the left where a plastic valve connects it to  the outlet on top left side of the carb. (When you stand in front of the car).

#4 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

Guys its the SPI. Pipes everywhere lol

Anyhow i found my PCV ! Managed to get a little info on the system from Haynes !

Doesnt show where the hoses run but does show the connections.

Still struggling to find a diagram for the air manifold though ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users