parkibob

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:21 AM

Morning All,

I have a Mk2 Cooper which has been sitting around the garage for far too long as a partial restoration, time to get on with it and the current job has been to re-skin the doors and now trying to align them

The question I have is that the car has a set of wider than normal seats which when the doors are shut the door pockets are pushed against the seats. What I am wondering is whether anyone has modified the door pockets on a MK2 to allow for the wider seats>

In case there are any purists who are thinking it is sacrilege to butcher a Mk2 this car was bought as a butchered car with a 1275 engine and 1989 running gear so I'm just looking to create a car which is a little individual and testing my modification skills.
Have had a quick search on the forum but can't see anything obvious hence the post

Thanks

Rob P

#2 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

You can remove the door pockets If you wish and if you put a flat plate on frame would think doorcards would still and look ok, Although if seats are wider are they not catching on the rear bins as well, I would just buy some more suitable seats if it was mine.

#3 parkibob

parkibob

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Daz,

I had thought of going completely without the door pockets but then it would just look like a newer version of the mini and I wanted to create something slightly more unique. The seats don't actually catch the rear bins as they taper in from front to back and I really like them both aesthetically as well as being really comfy .
Might have to have a play around with a few options

Rob P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users