#16 Jobu

Jobu

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Local Club: 16vminiclub

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

Look whats on its way to me :- complete conversion (watsons kit, 1600k-series, loom,5as alarm, ecu,dials,etc)

1589cc / 16v MPi / 109Ps @ 6000rpm / 138Nm @ 4500rpm not a bad starting point i suppose :-

Posted Image

LOL that pics reminds me of how my Watsons stuff was packaged! :w00t:

#17 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:41 PM

GET ON WITH IT DAVE

#18 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:27 AM

I am.... its being picked up today. so i should see it by... hmmmm monday.

#19 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

Pictureless update, as the poor thread slid off to page 3 :angel:

I got all the gear down the workshop, including dilly. As of monday i start stripping her down. From the following week i will be removing the standard loom and trying to figure out the Rover 200 loom, it looks a bit of a pig at the moment..!

My overall scheme of things is to keep it naturally aspirated for the time being until its been running for a while without any cause for concern. So i decided that while its in its weaker state of tune i will add a few things just to give it a little bit more go-go until i've sorted the turbo out.

1. Source a nice set of GSXR / R1 Throttle Bodies

2. Modify the standard Exhaust manifold from the 200

3. Fit a set of cams for the time being.

4. Iridium plugs, Silicone leads and what-nots...

If anyone has anything that might help with the rover 200 loom and figuring out what plugs do what.. can you drop me a PM or something?

Cheers

#20 nag1_uk

nag1_uk

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

What you need is a RAVE CD like:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Get the car going first, then do the engine mods. At least you get the fun of drivng it sooner rather than later!

Mike

#21 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:03 PM

Today was a successful day.

what i consider stage 1 of 3 complete to get the engine in and running. I stripped the front end, cut holes for steering and gear linkage to run inside the car. Cleaned back the bulkhead and fitted the subframe.

So far, so good :D

*pics to follow, just eating dinner :P *

#22 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

Pics. . .

Got the car in the workshop. :P Take note of the wall, very professionally built *pfff* not by us.

Posted Image

Cleaned, painted and fitted.. front subframe.

Posted Image

oh yeah. i got the loom in the car too. :P

Posted Image

More to follow tomorrow :D

#23 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

Aboot time too dave :D Come on dilly!!!!

#24 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:42 AM

Little update..

after 3 days working on the car overall, ive managed to get the subframe fitted, the bulkhead was stripped and painted, and the engine in (sort of).

I took a trip down the scrappy yesterday and managed to pickup some bits. For £47 i got 2 driveshafts, a pair of front wheels, exhaust downpipe and a gearbox mount :angel:

Oh, and i got bored... so i mounted one of my new bucket seats to my cheapy old computer chair :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:46 PM

MWAHAHAHAHAH

Just won these on e to the bay..

Posted Image

#26 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

Dave, I'm Loving:
Dilly
The Seat
The Work Progress
And That Garage Wall :wub:

I'm Enjoying Watching The Progress!

#27 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:12 PM

COME ON DILLY lol.

Dave, i want a lap round the ring in her this year :lol:

You decided what wheels you going for yet??

#28 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:01 AM

personally id keep the rover managment, get a vvc plenum and spend your money on a vvc head and piper cam conversion to solid cams!! shud take you to nearer to 150bhp

the rover mems system isnt as drab as people make out its inteligent!! just takes time to learn its new paramaters!!

- k1600's never make anything like 150bhp with that set up. more like 120bhp tops a bit more with a mapable ECU. And VVC heads are not cheap anymore plus the cams.- you might as well buy a vvc 160 engine for the same money.

You can get 190bhp from a solid cam 1800vvc as lotus do with their vhpd motors - but to put this in percepective - they advise rebuiding a lotus vhpd motor every 25,000 miles and no-one wants to do that do they?

solid cams on a vvc head on a 1.8 is a good option with an emerald ecu and individual jenvey throttle bodies is a very reliable and well documented 170bhp. It was the next step up for all us vvc metro boys, but obviously this is big money on ecu and jenvey's.

So I think your on the right track with the bike throttle bodies you've got and a megasquirt. Should get you some big power hikes for little money.

#29 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:24 AM

You are very correct mr burglar, as always.

Over on 16vminiclub a member called "noiseymini" got 150.9@fly from 1600k-series, air filter, custom exhaust, ported head with 3 angle valve seats and vvc inlet manifold. Which i was quite happy to say he was using the Rover MEM's ecu.

I aim to get the car running first, and after a couple days roadtesting i will move up to the throttle bodies and see how the mem's handles that. For BH2N i am most likely to be running a fairly stock setup though. we shall see :D

I will be setting the car to run on the Original K-series injectors and map sensor and turn out a nice set of ram pipes for it. Once ive done that, my next big step is to create a nice plenum chamber to fit to the throttle bodies for a little forced induction :proud:

Im not going to go nuts over this, i want a nice smooth power curve with good response and decent off boost performance aswell. Its alot to ask but that why im swaying towards the idea of supercharging it rather than a turbo conversion.

Realistically, i'd like to see 170hp with torque around the same, if not higher.

In heindsight, if evolution (on 16vminiclub) can get 195hp on a 1.4 turbo, i should be able to see these figures without too much boost.

Dave

#30 CanadianMiniFan

CanadianMiniFan

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:41 AM

yay the only mini i've commented on in non-mini engined lol, looks like a beast. Will drive well with reliability and power. what wheels will you go for? and any other mods like interior/exterior? looking good, good progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users