I managed to find a deseamed shell and documents which i am starting to build up.
I have an SPI mini 1992 with 22k on it, that i have very little money in, so i am planning on using the complete rear subframe assembly (heritage previous owner fitted pretty much brand new) fueling, and the complete engine unit.
Before i start getting the car in paint is there anything that i am going to have to weld etc to get the engine and ancillaries in?
As you may understand, if i were to build from scratch it would cost alot of money to get it up and running.
My thoughts at the moment are:
- There is a remote shift cut out, i assume i will have to weld this hole up and take a template from the spi shell for a cut out, for the new shifter.
- I am not going to be able to use the Spi electric fan, would it overheat without it if i used something like evans coolant, or could i retrofit an electric fan?
- I am going to have to drill and bolt the ecu bracket onto the inner wing.
- I have a good twin bolt front subframe, will the engine mounts bolt straight onto that?
- I will be using a centre binnacle, so i will just have to get the wiring conversion from minispares.
- The relays and wiring on the bulkhead can just be riveted onto the mk1 bulkhead.
- 10" front cooper brake conversion
- Maybe decat the exhaust and fun better manifold and rc40?
Can anyone think of any other major changes i will have to make, i know i will run into a few problems along the way.
Edited by fiestaharry, 31 January 2019 - 06:24 PM.