9 replies to this topic

#1 bdean

bdean

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

Anyone got any photos of a genuine mount (peardrop) fixed to the front of the front subframe? Just looking for a reference image. Thanks. Ben

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

they can only go one way.

what are you not sure about? 

#3 bdean

bdean

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:03 PM

they can only go one way.

what are you not sure about? 

I've looked for several images and drawings and they all seem to contradict each other!

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

cant there is only one way and it is the same for all cars. seriously they are one of the easiest parts to change. your Haynes manual shows it clearly.

#5 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,900 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

Straight off Minispares

http://www.minispare...e.aspx?3~21~206

and that may be a cause of confusion as it is pictures 180 degrees out in relation to the subframe.

In that case i shall remove the post then Nick, dont click on the link in the reply folks.

#6 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

The pear shaped flat metal section fits against the front panel with the bolt through the top and the locating pin at the bottom sticking into the hole in the front panel.

The flat round section goes against the front subframe.

If you look at it on the car it can only go one way.

#7 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

Straight off Minispares

and that may be a cause of confusion as it is pictures 180 degrees out in relation to the subframe.

In that case i shall remove the post then Nick, dont click on the link in the reply folks.

to be honest i would say the OP has not actually looked at the car yet as it is one of the easiest  jobs and when you start you see there is only one way it can go.

#8 bdean

bdean

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:02 PM

Straight off Minispares

to be honest i would say the OP has not actually looked at the car yet as it is one of the easiest  jobs and when you start you see there is only one way it can go.

I only have the subframe. The shell is at the restorers. I was looking at the drawings on Mini Spares and Somerford's so you can see my confusion if they show the incorrect orientation hence why I was looking for a simple photograph. So what holds it to the subframe? 3/8" bolts through the centre of the circular pad? Or in my case on the Mpi the 2 towing eyes?

#9 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:15 PM

Straight off Minispares

I only have the subframe. The shell is at the restorers. I was looking at the drawings on Mini Spares and Somerford's so you can see my confusion if they show the incorrect orientation hence why I was looking for a simple photograph. So what holds it to the subframe? 3/8" bolts through the centre of the circular pad? Or in my case on the Mpi the 2 towing eyes?

Yes the bolts hold the peardrop to the subframe, I always thought they were 5/16 but maybe not?

Just a note, these mounts need to be fitted to the car first and then the subframe offered up to the car.

#10 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

yes looking at a part suppliers pages will not help they are not a manual.

if you dont have a Haynes Workshop manual please get one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users