#1 evilpen14

evilpen14

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Local Club: CCC and RAF Mini Club

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:22 PM

How many of you still use your minis as a daily driver? Ive just purchased another mini after selling my first one and I'm going to use it as a Daily, as I can't justify two cars.

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts
  • Local Club: www.scottishmini.net

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:04 PM

How many of you still use your minis as a daily driver? Ive just purchased another mini after selling my first one and I'm going to use it as a Daily, as I can't justify two cars.

I have up until this year used a mini as a daily, so the last 8 years, they haven't let me down 😁

#3 sc-em

sc-em

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

Not at the moment but have in the past and drove back from Leeds to Stafford every weekend. Just stay on top of servicing!

#4 evilpen14

evilpen14

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Local Club: CCC and RAF Mini Club

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:23 AM

I have up until this year used a mini as a daily, so the last 8 years, they haven't let me down 😁

How did the body work last?

#5 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts
  • Local Club: www.scottishmini.net

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

How did the body work last?

Not too bad, yes they needed a few bits of welding. The 998(Avatar pic) has nothing left under the arch extensions. But it still passes because there are no sharp edges

#6 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

Rustproof well and keep on top of the jobs that need doing and the servicing and that'll be alright.  Build up a good stock of spares too.

#7 absx2

absx2

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:36 PM

14 hard winters with no rust issues due to it being drowned in oil, chain lube and anything else sticky I can soak it in.

No issues with reliability other than my Power spark module failing last year after about 10 years of use. I always carry a spare dizzy so the problem was quickly solved.

To be fair I accidentally left the ignition on whilst fiddling with a dash cam which would have over heated the module. 

Generally speaking....no ECU, no ABS, no traction control, no central locking means no problems

#8 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted Today, 08:57 AM

Me :) It's my only car and does around 20 km each day, sometimes in traffic depending on when I leave work. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Womak1992
Mini Spares