20 replies to this topic

#16 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:31 PM

Few things going on there. To me it looks like your wire speed was too slow. The welds look to have stuck but it's interrupted. The trouble is that on these thin panels you'll struggle to hold a bead. Have a look at 'pulse' welding, it might help improve the appearance of your welds in future. Some machines can do it for you but you can do it manually (albeit much slower).

The 2nd thing is that personally, I wouldn't have just done a flitch repair. You have a ruddy great hole behind the shock mount so I'd have opted to replace the whole inner wing. More expensive but you'll be able to better sort out the problems that lurk behind.

And last one - flap disk/linishing wheels are great for tidying up welds and for the areas you can't get to, get yourself a finger sander and a handful of belts to go with it.

#17 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:30 PM

Super thank you really appreciate it ??

#18 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,897 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:32 PM

Roloc discs, you will need to buy the appropriate sized holder as well

https://www.zoro.co....eUaAhUBEALw_wcB

#19 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:43 PM

Thanks icey I do regret just replacing the flitch panel myself if I’m honest I might even charge it yet! I’ve got the complete heritage floor sat in the garage ready to fit, it’s the one with sills, heel board and everything attached to it, I bought that so it looked better than patching it so I might change if I can’t make it look any good!!!!

#20 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:34 AM

Just ordered a finger sander ??

#21 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:53 PM

Just a quick question what should the penitration look like on the back of a spot weld, mine was glowing through the a post the door bolts to and has left a heat circle on the back of the panel ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users