#1 Wilko

Wilko

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:37 PM

Hi

Highly original MPI Sportpack, restored bodywork, mechanically sound, excellent daily runner; genuine 72k mileage.

Has previously been cat D, but fully restored and limited service history, however, looking to re-build some of this.

We bought this car a number of years ago as a project car.  The intention was to get the car restored and go blasting about the Lakes before we had kids in tow.  The restoration took longer than expected and by the time completed we had one kid and another on the way...

We have kept the car garaged and out only in the dry since we have had it back, until recently with the pending addition of 'No 3' we had to shop in both our modern cars to get a car with 3 ISOFIX points - I have loved driving the mini again, however, reluctantly it has to go to another loving home.

We have had the following body work done:

- inner & outer wings

- front & rear valance

- door skins

- scuttle

- a panel

- inner & out sills (however not vented)

- repairs to floor panels

Full re-spray.

Mechanically was OK, but fitted a stage 1 kit and replaced a clunky steering rack.

Electrics fully serviced professionally.

Niggles, I would sort if keeping the car:

- fuel gauge does not work, think the sender unit

- drivers window does not open reliably

- passenger door not currently opening from outside

Only other thing to mention is that the restorer loaded paint in some areas of common rot, including the scuttle to wing join.  With body flex this has cracked the paint, but I don't think this will be a major job to fix.

I have seen mint MPIs for well over £10k.  Given the car's condition, and taking account of lack of history I think it is worth every penny of £8.5k.

We are based near Blackpool.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users