#1 jonjosar

jonjosar

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

I know there have been some previous posts on this but just thought I'd add a tip that I discovered when fitting the new one this weekend. It pays to have loads of bulldog clips to hand to help when sticking the fabric around the edges but I only had 5 or 6. Instead, I used a gadget called a " Rapesco" supaclip. It's used in offices instead of a stapler and I found that I was able to stretch the fabric with one hand and use the tool to fit the clip over the fabric and panel edges. I then removed them the following day, seams never budged and the gadget itself is only a couple of quid. Worth a try if your having diffs getting the fabric to stay taut.

#2 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Nice one, I think I'll try one of these

#3 John B

John B

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:40 PM

Hi

Very interesting tool, how are you joining the lining tabs that go around the cross rails which were originally stapled together?

I have been looking for a suitable stapler for ages which will go up close to the rail & staple the tabs tight together without any slackness, no luck finding one yet, there must be some tool out there that will do this.

Cheers

#4 jonjosar

jonjosar

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:45 PM

Hi John,

I,m not sure what you are asking but were the new lining was stitched at the cross bars, the clip although tight ,did go over the doubled up fabric and held it on the panel edges. It does take a bit of strength to use the tool over the thicker bits but i'm not the most subtle of people and i managed it.The clips just gover the new fabric and squeeze it around the window and door aperture panel edges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users