mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

ApD2umy.jpg

"The BMW Classic team have been racing their existing FIA Mini for over 10 years now competing at the iconic Goodwood Revival driven by many BMW works drivers both old and new, at the 2018 revival their car was driven by Charlie Cooper, the grandson of Mini legend John Cooper.

Mini Classic wanted a more competitive car with Swiftune power to ensure that they will be front runners in the up-coming 2019 season. The brief outlined for the car was to pay homage to the 60’s Cooper Car Co. works Cooper S cars, very apt as the Mini celebrates 60 years this year. It was decided the new car would be painted in Connaught Green with Old English White roof and bonnet stripes; however that is where the similarities for the original paintwork stops. Back when Cooper Car Co. took the base cars from BMC, the original colour was kept as what came out the factory, the outside was painted Connaught green and white but interior colours varied depending on what cars were picked at the time, meaning most of the original works cars had three different colours. Both Swiftune and Mini Classic decided that this would look out of place in today’s racing world and would look untidy for a brand new car, so it was decided that Connaught green would be painted throughout. In previous Swiftune works car builds of late, all plumbing and wiring were hidden away so the interior looks ultra-neat and clean, however Mini Classic requested they were kept in view but kept neat and tidy to keep with a traditional style of build."

Speaking about the build, Nick Swift said: “It’s an honour and a privilege for Swiftune to be chosen to build this special Mini for such an iconic customer. The build features all Swiftune’s race proven components along with the latest 2019 spec power unit and transmission to make this car super competitive. I can’t wait to get it out on track to test the fruits of our labour!”  

https://swiftune.com/bmw-fia-build/

https://www.facebook...uneengineering/

Edited by mab01uk, 14 February 2019 - 10:05 PM.

#2 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Did I read correctly that this is to be driven by Chris Harris?

#3 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

Yes he was testing at Brands Hatch earlier this week.

I’ll be interesting to see how he does at Goodwood, he’s very handy behind the wheel.

#4 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:48 AM

This is probably one of my favourite mk1 race minis, cracking car, I remember seeing videos of the two cars on that day being raced  

#5 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:56 PM

Look forward to seeing this flat out at the Members Meeting in April

#6 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:40 PM

Did I read correctly that this is to be driven by Chris Harris?

PHbeN1s.jpg

77MM to celebrate 60 years of the Mini with awesome one‑make race:-

https://www.goodwood...Bz3P_TjG-nJete0

Edited by mab01uk, 18 February 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#7 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Yes he is... and if you follow him on Twitter, he posted up a tweet that he drove to Goodwood, wondered why no one was there, then realised he was meant to be at Brands lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users