6 replies to this topic

#1 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:22 AM

I kind of knew this would be really expensive, and I get they need to pay for the development etc. but at £79,000+ I can't help this is missed opportunity... I was kind of expecting it to be a not-exactly-affordable, £30-40k...oh well.

https://www.msn.com/...9000/ar-BBTzPQP

#2 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

They'll likely be bought by the London celebrity set just as the Radford ones were in the '60s. Nice concept.

#3 matt615

matt615

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

Considering what other cars you could buy for £79k, is anyone really going to buy one of these?

In a few years time the technology will become cheaper, and something like this might become more viable. For now though, and at that price,I predict this will be a massive flop.

#4 Archived3

Archived3

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Archived
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

-

Edited by Mrplastic, 17 March 2019 - 10:46 AM.

#5 MalcolmB

MalcolmB

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:28 PM

https://swind.life/p...e-classic-mini/

I reckon there's a lot of potential for electric conversions of classic cars, but this strikes me as just a bit greedy. Electric air conditioning as a £6000 option ...

Ignoring the silly price, I'd love to see how they've housed the batteries. Guessing it's either a very shallow pack bolted beneath the floor pan or an enlarged centre tunnel, or a combination of the two.

#6 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:34 PM

Christ you’d get a VW e-up, MK1 Cooper S and a Range Rover Sports for that money.

Definitely not one for the traditional enthusiast market but David Brown appear to be doing well with their modernised MPI’s so who’s to say.

#7 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Personally I think the real classic mini is the perfect city car when all the modern rip offs of the original car designs are now huge like the Fiat 500, MINI etc.

A tiny car that can squeeze through the gaps with ease and go cart handling that will make a city commute a bit of fun rather than a stressful experience all wrapped up in a timeless retro cool package that will get more admiring glances than a Bentley has got to be a winner.

As for the price, the wealth out there means its pocket change for a lot of city goers. The watch they wear is probably more expensive than the car.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users