5 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

I need to swap the front suspension doughnuts on my JDM Cooper but access to the top subframe tower bolts is severely restricted due to the air-con install, there's solid pipes and valve thinghies all over the engine bay! Has anyone managed to renew the rubbers without the need to discharge and remove parts of the air-con?

Stu.

#2 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

I had to de-gas my air con system to do mine so I could undo all the pipes. I don’t think there’s a way round doing this because of the drivers side has that AC bottle-thing in the way. Old cones my come out without accessing the tower bolt if you have hi-los but you’ll need to compress the new cones from the top.

It’s all a bit tight with the AC in there ?

#3 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

Yep had another mess tonight and definitely impossible with the air-con still fitted ... I guess I'll be doing a load of other work while it's out!

#4 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:23 AM

I feel your pain, but yes while it’s off get other jobs done too, silver lining and all that. Might pay you to inspect the o rings that are on every one of the AC pipe connections when they’re apart and replace them if dodgy.

#5 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:23 AM

Good call :)

#6 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

There's 13 of them in total I think of various diameters, if you do need any then there's a chap on here called David Ainley, he's based in Japan and can get Japan specific / JDM parts. He also runs Classic Minis Japan New & Used Parts group on Facebook. Been a life / Mini saver for my JDM. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users