Photo
- - - - -

7 Port Re13Ot, Fueling Stability...could It Be The Tappet Settings?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

ah, yeah you might find that you run into issues with low speed resultion with injectors that size, esdpecially if you are not refferencing to manifold pressure

Edited by mini13, 05 March 2019 - 04:21 PM.

#17 stevegrabba

stevegrabba

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

I've ordered some injectors, that also work on the 1.8 & 2.0 Ford Duratec engines and will give an update once I've fitted them rebuilt my fueling maps.  Fingers crossed!!

#18 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

Hope it helps!

#19 stevegrabba

stevegrabba

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

Latest update.....the injectors on the duratec engines have EV6 male type electrical connectors.  The SC loom on my car has EV1 female.

Hence if you use the duratec injectors (Bosch part number 0280-156-154, Ford Part 1s7G-GA) an adaptor is needed (EV1 male to EV6 Female).

#20 stevegrabba

stevegrabba

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

Ok guys so the latest status is all good so far!

The 220cc injectors are fitted, with connection adaptor (EV1 Male to EV6 female).

Valve clearances set at 0.020" hot, and she's running better than she has done in a long time.  Idle is much better, start goes to idle much quicker without support, and AFR values fluctuate far far less!!  Maybe a flicker of 0.1 or 0.2 rather than 0.6 to 0.8 at Idle.

I kept  my own same map for ignition, and had quite a bit of re-ballancing of the fuelling maps. Low TPS values were almost a straight multiplication factor of the existing fuel pulses 1.5 to 1.7  High TPS values took a bit more work but were nearer a 1.9 to 2.0 multiplication factor.

Its early days yet, however all the signs so far are looking pretty good, and pretty soon I'll book her in for a Rolling Road.  Prior to getting this far, I think I would have been wasting good money by it not being 'sound' enough for a RR to get the best out of it.

Tomorrow I'll restart her from cold and plot some cold start correction values too.

If anyone has a similar set up or faces similar problem, I hope that the above helps!!

#21 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

Has this issue been resolved now? If you had the engine dynoed prior to installation in the car would that have been spotted and a full map made to suit that engine?

#22 Mini_Martin

Mini_Martin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

I am also installing a SC 7 port into my Riley Elf and I think all you guys have just saved me a hole lot of agro.

I’m planning to drop it in this month then get it on the road come spring. I too have the blue Bosch injectors, I’m going to check them soon and swap them out if there not right before hitting the dyno.

I stumbled across this post because I’m having problems fitting my exhaust manifold to the SC head. The 2 exhaust ports on each end of the head are not in the same position to the original head ports. They both are 3mm higher then standard and set 2mm farther apart. I’m not bothered about the centre port as i have a 2 peace manifold and can position it over the centre port no problem.

I emailed John at SC has said that.

“The 7 port head was designed to make the most of what was possible with straightened exhaust ports etc. Fitment of the gasket/manifold will require a little fettling”

I was just wondering if you guys had the same problem? And if so how did you overcome it?

Thanks Martin

#23 Mini_Martin

Mini_Martin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:59 PM

I am also installing a SC 7 port into my Riley Elf and I think all you guys have just saved me a hole lot of agro.

I’m planning to drop it in this month then get it on the road come spring. I too have the blue Bosch injectors, I’m going to check them soon and swap them out if there not right before hitting the dyno.

I stumbled across this post because I’m having problems fitting my exhaust manifold to the SC head. The 2 exhaust ports on each end of the head are not in the same position to the original head ports. They both are 3mm higher then standard and set 2mm farther apart. I’m not bothered about the centre port as i have a 2 peace manifold and can position it over the centre port no problem.

I emailed John at SC has said that.

“The 7 port head was designed to make the most of what was possible with straightened exhaust ports etc. Fitment of the gasket/manifold will require a little fettling”

I was just wondering if you guys had the same problem? And if so how did you overcome it?

Thanks Martin

#24 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:28 PM

On my Billet head i will be fitting larger Wurth Time Serts to the exhaust manifold side after a recommendation from Graham who has done this very set up. Not quite sure off the top of my head what size but will have a look at my PM's later. 

#25 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:22 PM

I could be wrong Neil bit didn't he say SC provided him with their own manifold

#26 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Yup his first post said that. But my comment is off the back from what Graham recommended me to do. My exhaust system is high on my list and if I have to mess around with it, taking it off etc I want to make sure the exhaust manifold inserts do not pull out etc from frequent manifold removal.

As to Mini_Martins issue, having slightly larger engine manifold bolts / studs can give you that extra degree of confidence if you move / fettle things then no damage should occur to the inserts.

#27 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:27 PM

Yup his first post said that. But my comment is off the back from what Graham recommended me to do. My exhaust system is high on my list and if I have to mess around with it, taking it off etc I want to make sure the exhaust manifold inserts do not pull out etc from frequent manifold removal.

As to Mini_Martins issue, having slightly larger engine manifold bolts / studs can give you that extra degree of confidence if you move / fettle things then no damage should occur to the inserts.

And here's the extra info from Graham.

One of the more controversial things is to do with fitting the exhaust manifold. The alloy the head is made from is not the hardest there is and given the amount of leverage there is from the length of the LCB (even with the lower mounting) there can be problems with the threads pulling out of the head especially if the manifold is removed a few times and the studs are disturbed. The cure for this right from the outset on the latest head was to drill out the manifold threads and replace them with 8mm Wurth Time-Sert. I know this sounds extreme given the amount of money it costs but having had to carry this out on a previous head it just means there’s an assurance it’s not going to be an ongoing problem.

#28 Mini_Martin

Mini_Martin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:13 PM

I will definitely look into the nut surts thanks mate.

But actually my question was about the exhaust port lining up with the exhaust manifold. They don’t actually line up.

I did buy the head and manifold from Sc but on separate occasion. I’m not sure if I specified that it was for the 7 port as I can’t find the email thread. I’m also unaware if Sc even supplies a bolt on manifold for the 7 port.

Have you guys experience the exhaust manifold and exhaust ports not lining up properly? If so what did you do to overcome it.

Thanks Martin

#29 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:15 PM

I've not heard anything to be honest.

Is your head the Billet or cast type??

#30 Mini_Martin