2 replies to this topic

#1 noeman

noeman

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

I have 4 inline fuses. I know what three are for but I can't work out the 4th and can't find it in the haynes manual.

Blue/orange. Fog lights
Brown/orange. Dim dip
Purple/orange. Interior light/ hazards
White/red????? This goes to a red wire on other side of fuse.

Also what are the correct fuse ratings for each? I'll be converting to blade type, so I know it will be half of the original rating.

Thank you for any help.

#2 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

I have 4 inline fuses. I know what three are for but I can't work out the 4th and can't find it in the haynes manual.

Blue/orange. Fog lights : Fuse 10 amp (Rear fog lamps)
Brown/orange. Dim dip: Fuse 15 amp
Purple/orange. Interior light/ hazards: Fuse 15 amp (My Haynes manual lists this as a 10 amp fuse.)
White/red????? This goes to a red wire on other side of fuse.: RH side and tail lamps,Instrument pack illumination: Fuse 15amp

Also what are the correct fuse ratings for each? I'll be converting to blade type, so I know it will be half of the original rating.

Thank you for any help.

I'm assuming you mean the inline fuses behind the air filter under the bonnet

I have a 1994 carburettor car and got the above info from the owners hand book which the previous owner supplied with the car. With yours being a couple of years older I'd confirm the above info is the same for your car.

Edited by MikeRotherham, 04 March 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#3 noeman

noeman

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:13 PM

Thank you Mike for looking that up for me. Some great information there. That makes sense my 4th inline fuse is for the RH as I believe one of my main fuses is for the LH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users