• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thart

thart
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

Hello everyone
My last mini was a highly modified Mayfair way, way, way back and I think I’m about to be an owner again.

My wife has been wanting a Mini for a long time and, to keep us both happy, if I get one I’d like it to be a lot more fun than our family 7-seater.

With a budget of around £10k what are the options? For example, a JCW or a Cooper with after market exhaust? I want something quick and loud but it’ll need to have some kind of valve control to quieten it down for when my wife drives it.

TIA
Tim

#2 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Are looking for proper mini or a BMW variety?

#3 Retroman

Retroman

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Local Club: CDMC

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:52 PM

Welcome to TMF

Assuming you are not after a Bini you are in the right place

Fast and loud is certainly possible and by the time a Mini is fast, noise is usually a by product

Its not really done having a bypass on the Mini exhaust that tends to be a US V8 thing

Earplugs for the wife are a cheaper option.

For 10k a reasonably tuned Mini is possible, but these days fast Minis are no longer cheap,

a scooby is cheaper but not as much fun

Not to say injection is not tunable, but a pre 1992 Mini is [like me] simpler with no ECU to contend with so easier to modify

There are loads of options possible from a very lively 998 / 1107  a torquey 1098 / 1217 or a more rapid 1275 / 1380

Each of the above needs to be combined with some good brakes, suspsension, wheels and tyres.

Like most things Mini it's your choice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users