4 replies to this topic

#1 kiwimike01

kiwimike01

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:11 AM

Hey guys new the forum. I have the opportunity to buy a 1975 Clubman but its pretty much in pieces and my mechanical knowledge isn't the best but also not the worst. Apparently it just needs to be put back together and it will run so i'm asking for some know how if you guys are willing to provide. Will this be hard to do with basic knowledge, as far as I know the engine and gearbox are both still in the car it just needs to be plumbed and wired back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

#2 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:42 AM

Welcome! - Fist step - get yourself the relevant Haynes manual for the car - everything you need to know is in there...... but inevitably there is the odd thing, clarification etc that's needed - and help is readily and speedily available here.

Sounds like you haven't got it yet - before parting with your $$ see if you can find out the history of the car and why it's in it's current state. Give it the thorough once over and make sure the engine isn't seized. I hope all a-ok but there's normally a reason for the state it's in and why the seller is looking to move it on....... if in doubt get someone knowledgeable to look it over for you...

Minis are mechanically very very simple so with a bit of will, persistence, $$'s (make that $$$'s as I guess parts in NZ are getting pricey - we're very spoilt in the UK)  and knowing when to ask for advice - you'll be fine!

#3 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:57 PM

When you have bought it, contact MOWOG.

Minis of Wellington Owners Group.

All I know about them is that I met by, chance, a very enthusiastic member in Palmerston North on a visit in 07.

#4 kiwimike01

kiwimike01

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for the reply. It belongs to my mum and her partner and from what I have been told it was running but my mums partner had all these grand plans for it so just started ripping it apart to get the engine rebuilt etc, then lost interest and that's why it has been sitting in pieces for about a year now. Now he doesn't have the time or money, or just can't be bothered getting it running again

#5 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:18 AM

Ah... Then here's hoping all is fine given that telling lies to you would be a bit counterproductive!!! And you get a very good deal on it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users