Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Fitted The Abs Motorsport Innocenti Style Dash?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:58 AM

Morning all - 

Have long lusted after an innocenti dash for my car - the legitimate ones that periodically crop up are either knackered or more obviously designed for a LHD car so came across these on a browse....

https://absmotorspor...ti-style-8-pod/

Quite apart from the temptation to also buy speaker pod door pockets and a special style console too, I'm just mulling this over - anyone fitted one??? or got any views as to quality / ease of fit etc...... before I hit the credit card....

I've got a full set of working guages to fit ex MG / Triumph and a bulkhead blanking plate (currently got an oval binnacle fitted) the only potential issue in using I can foresee is ensuring the speedo drive / cable is matched to read correctly...

Was also thinking of using the vent holes for speakers as my car has never had the vents anyway......

Any views or reviews guys?

#2 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

I wish they would make it 6 dials like the proper Innocenti item. Like you say the originals are often cracked, need repairing etc, and cost an arm and a leg even in that state. But to answer your question no I don't have any experience with them or even seen one fitted. 

#3 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

Speedycables will recalibrate your speedo to suit whatever you have.  Took six weeks though when I sent them mine!

https://speedycables...rs-conversions/

#4 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

That does look pretty good, especially for the price.

There is no point in fitting a genuine Inno dash into anything other than a LHD car. They look silly in a RHD one when the dials are all in front of the passenger! I once bought an Inno which had been converted to RHD, but I soon re-built it LHD so that it was original, had its proper value and looked right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users